A training and development professional with demonstrated expertise aligning process improvement, training, and other interventions with organizational and department business goals to improve organizational performance. Successfully identified factors causing performance barriers and defined and implemented strategies to remove those barriers within a number of different industries, including healthcare, government, software development, deregulated utilities, oil and gas, and financial services. See LinkedIn profile for more information.
Experience spans all aspects of curriculum development, policy and procedure, instructional design, process design, technical writing, technical editing, and management. Specialties include process improvement, facilitation, business process improvement, onboarding strategy, software training, criterion-based learning, evaluation strategies, blended learning, post-learning strategies, behavioral engineering, performance analysis, performance support systems, and course development.
September 2016 – Current
Mintz Group (professional services)
- Develop, coordinate, and present training and development programs for investigative staff.
- Develop and implement a background check/investigative research training program to transform the learning environment.
- Track and evaluate the training needs and develop appropriate training solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Design effective methods to education investigators to use empirical methods of research.
- Define strategy to create synergy between employee competencies and knowledge management in the form of an intranet.
March 2015 – January 2016
University of North Texas
Completed and defended dissertation resulting in awarded doctorate.
January 2012 – February 2015
ION Solutions, an AmerisourceBergen company (health care)
Director, Program Design and Training
- Designed and implement usability study with TechSmith Morae. Collected and analyzed data to identify software inefficiencies, recommend software improvements, decrease customer support calls, improve user performance, and enhance training content.
- Managed the physical environment of our Nucleus Solutions’ mock clinic (approximately $1.2 million budget), providing training to pharmaceutical representatives and practice personnel, demonstrating how an integrated suite of applications improves clinical and operational performance within a practice.
- Designed and implemented training content to support more than 100 pharmaceutical sales representatives quarterly.
- Planned curriculum delivery, tracking, and evaluation through Cornerstone learning management system. Promoted integration of Articulate Storyline 2 into curriculum program.
- Worked with developers in an Agile software development environment to create real-world user stories to support innovative software updates.
January 2011 – Current
University of Maryland University College (higher education)
- Instruct undergraduate students using Desire2Learn in 3 credit-hour, experiential learning courses that upon completion, the student submits a portfolio of experiential learning gained from work, military service, and community and volunteer activities for undergraduate credit hours.
- Work as the EXCL Course Chair, supporting all faculty teaching sessions of the course and provide quality assurance review for all courses being taught during the year. Teach other courses as needed such as Writing for Managers, COMM 390.
June 2008 – December 2011
McKesson Pharmaceuticals (health care)
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness, Customer Care
- Designed and executed a quality call monitoring process and developed the team performing the evaluations on more than 250 call center agents in three locations across the US, reducing call backs by 18%.
- Designed and executed within nine months a training program for a SAP warehouse training, including strategy for training cadre of trainers and coordination of training implementation.
- Determined specific training needs through observation, interviews and evaluations. After identifying role-specific competencies, designed and led the implementation of a new hire training program designed to allow new hires to be effective and well-performing customer service representatives upon completion. Reduced new hire training time from 6 weeks to 4 weeks with calls being answered within week 1.
- Within two weeks of a server outage, designed and executed the implementation of a new, web-based, documentation (FrameMaker) storage solution (using Adobe AIR) supporting access to more call center agents across three sites.
- Designed and developed performance interventions to support agent performance in NICE and to meet customer expectations. Assessed staff skills, capabilities, and succession gaps and recommended appropriate interventions.
- Provided strategic direction on usage of SumTotal learning management system.
January 2003 – December 2008
Dallas Count Community College District, Richland College
Standing instructor for the Technical Writing Essentials course for the Continuing Education department at North Lake College and for Technical Writing I, Advanced Technical Writing, Resume and Portfolio, and Technical Editing courses for the Continuing Education department at Richland College.
June 2006 – June 2008
Countrywide Home Loans (financial sector)
Curriculum Development Manager, Loss Mitigation
- Provided strategic direction to instructional designers, located locally and remotely, creating curriculum to support the Loss Mitigation staff in efforts to maintain a superb level of service as recorded by JD Powers & Associates.
- Designed and developed the curriculum infrastructure to support current processes and procedures as well as the development of staff.
- Identified metrics needed to evaluate team success.
- Provided strategic direction to policy and procedure writers located in remote locations across the US, supporting operations across three sites in the US and two sites in India.
September 2004 – June 2006
Management Systems Designers, Inc. (MSD) (government)
e-Learning Project Manager
- Designed and executed a distance learning solution for a cross-platform, database integration tool, supporting the Department of Treasury’s Compliance operations of more than 20,000.
- Provided strategic direction of a project team to design, develop, and produce on-line, self-paced, multimedia, Web-based training materials delivered within an existing learning management system.
Ph.D., Applied Technology and Training Development, 2016
University of North Texas
MS, Instructional and Performance Technology, 2009
Boise State University
BS, Management, 2002